One Day Trip to Teluk Intan, Perak

I love travelling, I really do!!
In Malay we say, "Jalan-jalan cari makan" 👀👄

Since it was a public holiday (Wesak Day, 29 May), I decided to visit a friend in her hometown Ansun, which I promised her 5 years ago! *oops 🙈

Now, I am a person who plans ahead. Therefore, within half a day, I managed to explore Ansun, as well as trying many of their local food.
(*credits also to my dear friend SW who kindly brought us around).
But then again, Ansun is not big either.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6.30 a.m. - Journey starts 
I invited another friend. Our journey from Subang began.
It's about a 2-hour drive. *We used Waze.


8.15 a.m. - Menara Condong Teluk Intan
                  Lot 1&2, Komplex Menara Condong, Jalan Bandar
                  09.00 a.m. - 06.00 p.m.

We stopped by as there weren't people there!
You can enter the tower to read the history of it.
Perfect time to take selfies early in the morning, but forgotten to bring selfie stick, aiyaaa...

  
Trying to take the famous leaning pose 😆


9.00 a.m. - Kafe Xin Asia (新大西茶餐室)
                  42, Jalan Raja
                  06.00 a.m. - 06.00 p.m.

Finally BREAKFAST!!

Actually, Teluk's Intan famous Chee Cheong Fun is in Liew Kee (Ah Lok), but it only opens from 5.30 p.m. - 2.00 a.m.

In this Xin Asia, I was recommended to eat with the extra filling, but the aunty said she doesn't prepare that on Monday and Tuesday, sighhh...so the normal one will do then.

  
                                                             RM4 for 2 pieces


9.40 a.m. - Kedai Biskut Sin Guan Hoe (新源和饼家)
                  23, Jalan Pasir Bedamar
                  08.00 a.m. - 06.00 p.m.

We came here to buy their local products. We were recommend to buy the Hong Peah.

There are 2 types, one with the gluey filling while the other without. I bought the one without as my friend recommends. If you are buying for the elders, maybe the one without the sweet filling will be a good choice.
Honestly, it's up to the individual. I like both.

There's another shop that sells local biscuits called Sin Joo Heng at No. 830D, Jalan Mak Intan.

    
 Hong Peah (香饼皮) without filling at RM3.80 inclusive of 6% GST


09.55 a.m. - Teck Kee Dim Sum (德记点心)
                    Jalan Maharani
                    05.00 a.m. - 01.00 p.m.

While doing my research, I read a blogger who dabao (take-away) 10 packets of Loh Mai Kai (糯米鸡) back home.

So, I told myself that I had to try it for myself. I find it nice, especially the rice, but it was nothing extra special for me la, hehehe.... I tried the Har Gao (虾饺) as well, it was yummy! The skin was thicker than what we usually have in KL.

We were quite full, or we would have try the fish ball and siew pau too!

      
2 dishes for RM9.35 inclusive of 6% GST


12.30 p.m. - Rojak Ah Chai
                    Jalan Woo Saik Hong
                    10.30 a.m. - 05.00 p.m.

There are two types. The original (fruits only) and the mix (fruits + vegetables).
First time seeing rojak with vegetables.
The combination taste alright for me, but not a fan of it, preferred the original. 🤣

  
Around RM4.00 - RM5.00 per plate


01.15 p.m. - Gerai Soya Bean Jalan Maharani (皇后街豆奶)
                    Jalan Maharani
                    *until stock last, before noon maybe

My friend recommended this for their smoothness. She said she cannot find elsewhere in KL that matches this shop.

I didn't know that you can ask to put some soya bean milk into your Tau Fu Fa, such combination exists??

    
About RM1.20 per bowl


01.30 p.m. - Sister Lai Kitchen (丽姐小厨)
                    1135a, Jalan Syed Abu Bakar
                    10.30 a.m. - 06.30 p.m.

If you love 糖水 (warm dessert), I super duper highly recommend you to come here and try their Pumpkin dessert.

It is not those western pumpkin soup as one of the side dishes for your meal. It is the typical Chinese tong sui. The serving is quite big, it can share up to 2-3 person.

I have not heard and eaten such delicious pumpkin tong sui!!!⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
and I happened to have a big Tupperware container, so I packed some back to KL (about 4 bowls 🙈)

    
Pumpkin with Cashew Nut (金瓜露) at RM4


01.50 p.m. - Kedai Kopi Ah Wah (亞華茶室)
                    Jalan Syed Abu Bakar
                    06.30 p.m. - 03.30 p.m.

We tried this famous mee rebus recommended by many of the bloggers.

This is different from another famous mee rebus by the mamak. As it was during Ramadhan (fasting month for the Muslims), the shop was closed when we passed by.

I love the biscuit on top. Apparently, it is famous as they make their own. Overall it was good, but I still prefer the one in KL, from a van stall selling in SS13 night market.

     
    
around RM5 per plate


02.15 p.m. - Depart back to KL
                 
Do take note that on the way back, there are stalls selling guavas along the road. Heard they are delicious and with less seeds inside.


That's all! Hope the review help for those who are planning a trip to Ansun!!



Comments

  1. Will explore what you recommend here, hopefully some still survive.. we are going there tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Medan Selera Seksyen 17

3D3N in Penang with only RM400!!